JAIN TEMPLE OF VIRGINIA
( MEMBER OF JAINA )
Address: 3656 Centerview Dr Unit 5, Chantilly, VA 20151
Contact Number: (571) 299-6688
Monday To Friday:
Morning 8:00am to 12:00pm and Evening: 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Saturday and Sunday:
9:00am to 7:00pm
DERASAR & SANGH STHAPANA
- JTVA SANGH STHAPANA – JULY 9, 2013
- DERASAR PURCHASE – MARCH 17, 2014
- DERASAR OPENING – MARCH 22, 2014
- DERASAR BHOMIPOOJAN – APRIL 13, 2014
- MURTI ANJANSHALAKA – JUNE 11, 2014
- DERASAR MURTI PRATHISTHA – JUNE 29, 2014
- PRATISHTHA MAHOTSAV – JUNE 22 – 30, 2014
Virginia Jain Derasar’s Patishtha (June 2014) marked this as the seventh Derasar in USA that has Anjanshalaka Murties. We have following Anjanshalaka Murties:
- 27” Shankhaeshwar Pashwanath Bhagwan with Parikar 33”
- 21” Adeshwar Bhagwan with Parikar 27”
- Mahavir Swami Bhagawan with Parikar 27”
- Padmavati Devi 15” with bethak 20”
Virginia Temple Anjanshalaka was performed in Bodat, Gujarat by Shri Prabodhsuriswarji Maharaj and Vidhikarak Shri Narendrabhai Hiralal Shah on June 11, 2014
The name Anjanshalaka is given to the ceremony of decorating the eyes of new images of Jins with collyrium made of many special substances. using in the process a gold-stick. Kaivalyagnan is the event of attaining absolute enlightenment after performing austerities and tapasya. Only the event of the Kaivalyagnan is called Anjan Shalaka and it is arranged to be carried out at an auspicious and sacred period, at midnight, The smearing of collyrium to the eyes of the image with a gold-stick for five days and night with all Mantra to put pran in idols can be done only by the Acharya Bhagavant, in the Jain command or by the Anuyogacharya, the one next to him. Other Muties and Bhoomti :
- 15″ Ghantakaran Mahavir
- Gautam Swami Deri
- Simandhar Swami Deri
- 24 Tirthankaras Bhoomti
WHY VIRGINIA TEMPLE IS A “MIRACLE TEMPLE”
“Bhagwan Ne Aavine Beshvu hoi toh everything happens without any hurdle.”
- It started with our founder trustee’s Sashan Devi Padmavati mata dream.
- She started a trust on July 9, 2013 and held three programs during 2013, which led to creation of our Sangh.
- Even after initial struggle of raising funds from India and US, we were able to purchase this derasar property on March 17, 2014. This milestone was achieved with the help of four or five generous financers.
- Our founder trustee was very motivated by some vibration and force.
- With outstanding efforts of our founder trustee, four or five generous financers, and hard working volunteers, this temple’s construction and Pratishtha was completed within four months.
- Within six months of Sangh Sthapana, more than 250 families had joined the JTVA Sangh.
- From Pratishtha and first Paryushan donations, we were able to payoff 75% of our debt in just six months
- In short, we started a Sangh, gathered funds, purchased a property, cleared all government requirements, finished all construction (including marble Ghabhara), and performed Pratishtha within a year. It is simply just a MIRACLE!!
- Virginia derasar is a symbol of pure bhav towards God, unity of Jain Samaj and inspiration to jains of whole world.
- Many of us feel a very positive vibes after entering this temple even today.
- PLEASE PRESERVE THESE VIBES AND AVOID ASHADHANA.